When you arrange a garage door service an engineer will arrive at a specified date and time to check the functioning of your entire garage door system. They will work methodically to check each part of the system including:
- The doors (checking for rust, dents, wear and tear)
- And more
At the end of the service, the engineer should give you a clear overview of the health of your doors and any recommended repairs that are required to ensure that they keep working well. You can then arrange the repairs to suit your budget and availability.
Getting Support with Garage Doors Maintenance
One of the best ways to keep your garage doors working for as long as possible is to invest in regular maintenance from a trusted garage door provider. During maintenance visits, the engineer will check that everything is working properly and complete any minor repairs as and when needed.
You can also arrange a maintenance visit when your garage doors are not working the way you would expect. Some of the most common problems that occur when garage doors aren’t regularly serviced include:
- Your Door Opener Not Working Properly – this can include it sticking, not turning properly or failing completely.
- Jerky or Sticking Roller Mechanism – this can happen as you are opening or closing your garage doors, stopping them from gliding open and causing metal on metal noises as they stick and unstick.
- Doors That Are Misaligned – if your doors are wonky or don’t close all the way then it could be due to the cable fraying or breaking, causing your doors to be knocked out of place.
- Warped Frame or Doors – as garage doors age they can become warped, causing problems with opening and closing and damaging the floor and other parts of the garage building.
- Obvious Damage – you may also notice other damage such as scratches, dents or cracks and whilst these are typically cosmetic damage they can cause rust and other issues if not properly repaired.
Why not give us a call on 01634 387701 or email us email@example.com